Gymnastics & Cheerleading Classes
The Winter gymnastics session is ready to begin. The classes are Mondays from January 8- March 19, 2018. No class scheduled on Louis Riel day (February 19). Recital is March 19th (more detail in Feb). Parents are invited to stay only during our performance class on the last week.
*This session has 10 classes.
The total cost for the half hour sessions for the 10 weeks is $55.00. The total cost for the 1 hour session is $110.00. Payment can be made either by cash or cheque made out to the Saint Adolphe community club and paid at the first class. Please note, there will be a five dollar late fee per child, per week that the fees are not paid to ensure all payments are received and instructors can be paid.
Participants are asked to have used the washroom prior to the start of class. Many children came to class last session requiring assistance to use the washroom. This is very challenging with the number of participants and the amount of time this takes. Please help us by having them go before they start!
**Please note, class times are subject to change depending on enrolment rate (eg. not enough participants may require that classes need to be combined. This will be determined by the first class.)**
Times and Costs:
Class 1: 6:00-6:30= ages 2.5- 3.5 FULL
Class 2: 6:30-7:00 = ages 3.5-4.5 FULL
Class 3: 7:00-7:30 = ages 5-7 FULL
Class 4: 7:30-8:30 = ages 7 and up
* note: times might change if we have to combine classes due to low attendance.
Cheques are to be made out to the St. Adolphe Community Club.
Payment is due the first class.
Pioneer Hall in the St. Adolphe Community Club
-Please make sure that your child wears clothing that allows him or her to move freely. Jeans are not acceptable attire for class. Also please avoid long pants as the children tend to trip on them.
-Please ensure that all jewellery is removed prior to class and that longhair is tied up. Stud earrings are fine.
-Barefoot is best.
-Class goes by very quickly. We can get a lot more done when we can get down to business! You can help by making sure that your child arrives wearing their gymnastics attire, bringing a bottle of water, and having used the bathroom prior to class.
-If you know that your child will be missing a class, please let me know.
-Please consider labelling your children’s clothing and footwear. Last year we had some mixups with the wrong clothing / footwear was taken home after class.
-Parents are welcome to wait on the main floor lobby during class or come back after it is finished.
-The first day is always quite busy. If you have any questions I can help with prior to the start of the session, I would be happy to help.
To sign up please email the coach directly email@example.com with your child’s name, age, and the class you are requesting.
Spaces are limited. Register early to guarantee your spaces are saved.
As always, the spaces are first come, first served. Feel free to forward this information to others who may be interested.
Karley Van Den Bussche has been a coach for the St. Adolphe Community Club since January 2006. She has instructed 26 sessions in St. Adolphe since that time and has coached more than 150 children. Some highlights related to gymnastics are as follows:
- Master Degree in Occupational Therapy, Medical Rehabilitation with experience working with children of all abilities
- Gymnast at Aerials and Premier
- Twelve years of provincial level competitive cheerleading gymnastics experience (Premier, Green Jackets, Central Cheer)
- Coach of St. Norbert Immersion and Collegiate’s competitive cheerleading teams (2003-2006)
- Eight Provincial championships for cheerleading
- National Runner up 2008, 2010, 2011
- International competitions including two 2nd place trophies
- Dance training from RWB and Monica’s Danz Gym (Jazz, Lyrical, Modern)
- Part of the Momentum Aerial and Acrobatic Troupe that will be representing in Canadian Gymnaestrada in Calgary (2014) and in the World Gymnaestrada in Finland (2015)
- Fluent French, English, American Conversational Sign Language