Competitive Sport & Traditional Karate For Children, Youth and Adults
Winter Session 2020
Two classes per week:
- Tuesdays: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Fridays: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Cost: $125 for 25 classes. The payments can be made as one single payment or in two payments. (special deal: 50% for the second person from the same family)
Who can register: Children 6+, teens, men, women (if under 6 yrs, parents should speak to the Sensei)
Location: Ecole St. Adolphe School Gym
January : 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31
February: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
March: 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31
Register: You can either come early to one of the classes or call 204-666-1966 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Children & Juniors: it will be a structured program aimed towards developing the students as world class Karate athletes.
For Adults: focus will be towards improving physical strength, flexibility, cardio workout, concentration, weight loss, etc.
You will start as a White Belt and progress through the grading to achieve your Black Belt. Semi-Annual grading. All students (children, juniors & adults) will be going through the grading process. For a regular practitioner it takes 5 to 6 years to achieve their first level black belt.
The benefits of practicing Karate are well known. In addition to the Kicks & Punches, learning Karate improves:
Self Awareness, Goal Orientation, Self Confidence, Motor Skills, Agility, Body & Mind Balance and Control, Discipline, Team Work, Sharing and Helping tendency and much more.
Instructor (Sensei) Profile
Name: Mullai Manickavalli
- 4rd Dan Black Belt. Had practiced Japan Wado-ryu style of Karate for the past 35 years in Canada, USA & India.
- Highest ranking Wado-ryu practitioner in Manitoba.
- Member of Manitoba Karate Association (Sports Manitoba)
- In-Training to achieve National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) with the Coaching Association of Canada
- Won Nationals & State level championships in individual & team events in Sparring and Kata in India